Thursday, December 17, 2009

I Have To Brag

I am SO EXCITED!!!!

As some of you know, each year during the winter season I coach gymnastics at the local high school.

The hardest thing about coaching high school girls is the mental/emotional aspect of the sport.

Last night was our first meet of the season. I did NOT have high hopes as we've had a bit of a rough start and too many kids in the gym to be able to adequately focus and getting done what needed to get done.

Well..... WE WON!! FIRST PLACE TEAM!!!! (Last year's pic)
This is my 5th season with the team and that has happened exactly never. That was the first time in 5 years. AND... to sweeten the evening, one of the biggest headcases on the team (and also arguably the best on the team) qualified for Regionals in the All-Around. If you don't know anything about gymnastics, that's HUGE!!! The second best on the team came within a 1/2 point of doing the same thing. Another girl came within 2 points. This is AMAZING!!

So now we can relax into the season. We've established some momentum that should carry us pretty far. I feel like every season we're fighting for the top. We've gotten so stressed out over who we need to beat that it has sabotaged our performance. With that first place notch in our belt, we can shift focus and really "tear-it-up".

I laid in bed until 1:30 am because I was so excited and keyed up. I'm still pretty keyed up. I can't wait for practice tonight!

1 comment:

  1. That is soooo cool! Must be because they have such and AWESOME coach. ♥

    ReplyDelete