Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Don't You Wonder...

Do you ever wonder what life would be like if instead of just thinking the good stuff you think about doing that you actually do it? I wonder about that all the time. Life goes much differently in my head than it actually turns out.

Sometimes too I wish that friendships between women were as easy as friendships between men. Men just punch each other in the arm and say something like "I like Craftsman tools" and they are bonded for life. Women have to work through each others emotional layers/walls. Now, I do find some sport/interest in the process. I do want to know all the stuff that you find out through the process. I just hate that sometimes it's difficult to know exactly how to proceed. I liken it to putting together puzzle pieces. Sometimes you have to work intensely to find just the right fit. With women I think sometimes that it takes a while to find out which edges line up.

I have a friend. She never did fall into the category of secret friends (See the last paragraph of this post for definition). She's a person who, after being around her a lot, I wanted to get to know. I never would have known that had I not been around her repeatedly. She is really kind and genuine. She's a perfect mentor type person. I've learned so much from her just by being around her. Anyway... we are working on what I would call a friendship. It's complicated. I want to know her well. BUT... I feel like "the process" is taking forever. I'm sure I'm guilty of overthinking the whole situation. I can't help myself!

Wouldn't it be nice if the process were the same with every person. "Secret Friends" are easy. Others aren't. I know this, though. Sometimes it's the friendships that are hard fought that end up being the biggest blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment