Monday, November 30, 2009

A Rant and the Thanksgiving Report

First.... if you are reading this blog you are not included in the group below who I refer to as losers. You have redeemed yourself/ves from that category because you seek me out to read whatever I have to say on my page. I greatly appreciate your patronage!

So.... my birthday was 11/21 (saturday before last). It was the WORST birthday in recent history. Back several years ago I had several years of stinky birthdays. This one, though, was worse than those. One part of it's stinkyness was my own fault. I picked out and bought my own present from Hubby Guy. It was something that I really wanted and now love, but it meant I didn't get anything on my birthday. (Lesson #1: If you really want something near your birthday don't offer to let it be from someone else. Just buy it because you deserve it and leave it at that.) The next stinky thing was that my children were gonna make me a card but got in a fight and never finished. My youngest brought out 3 of her dollars to give me for my birthday. It was a truly sweet gesture but I couldn't accept. We were leaving the following day for vacation and that was gift shop money. I couldn't bear to take it from her. Instead, I asked her to be good all day and be sweet to her sister for my birthday. She didn't bother. She was a skunk all day and ended up getting sent to bed early. Next, MY OWN MOTHER didn't even call me. Only two of the people who are really close to me and should have called actually did. I only give the first call full credit because she actually remembered and called. I told her how unloved I felt and how no one but her had called. Shortly after I got off the phone, her youngest daughter called. I didn't pick up the phone because I was mad and irritated at all the losers in my life. I don't know if she was prompted or not. She does get at least 1/2 credit for actually calling even if she was prompted... but still. It was a horrible birthday. My mother ended up sending me a message on Facebook the next day. (OPINION: If you are an old acquaintance from high school or someone who doesn't know a person extremely well it's appropriate to leave a birthday message on Facebook. However, if you know a person well enough to say you love them and you think of them often..... you'd better call.) And.... I didn't even get a birthday dinner with my Hubby Guy. He had to work that night and we left for vacation at 2:30 the following a.m. to go to the airport. (Lesson #2: DO NOT schedule to leave for vacation the day after your birthday unless you have appropriate time to celebrate before you leave or unless said vacation is without children.)

On to another topic.... Thanksgiving....

My husband has an odd sense of humor. Most people think he's funny. I don't. BUT.... I learned this: Other people in his family ARE funny. The whole family met at his sister's house for Thanksgiving. It was really fun and the food was yummy. That was the first time since I've been part of the family that we were all in one place and nothing big like a wedding was happening. It was relaxed and good. It was nice to goof off with that side of the family. There were lots of "you just had to be there" kinds of funny stuff that happened. It wouldn't do to explain. Hubby Guy's family is lots more fun than my own family. They are quick to laugh and cut up at the kinds of dumb stuff that I appreciate. At the end of the evening we watched UP. I got the biggest kick out of Hubby Guy's mom "Grammy" laughing at the movie. She got so tickled once that she had to get up and leave the room to regain her composure. No one else was laughing but we started laughing at Grammy because she was practically doubled over. It turns out she was laughing at a funny part that we didn't laugh at because most of the rest of us had seen the movie before. The first time I saw that part I thought it was funny too.

The last day we were with "the fam" we had pictures taken. Grammy had arranged for a photographer to take bunches of pictures. He took pictures of the whole family as well as each family by ourselves. It was a pretty cool thing. He is gonna burn all the pictures on a disc and send it to us. We can then print whatever pictures we want. I can't wait to get my CD.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a crummy birthday. I have had some of those. It just stinks!

    And FOR THE RECORD (hee hee) I DID wish you a happy birthday. Right on this blog. There is proof! :)

    Sounds like you had lots of laughs on your Thanksgiving vacation. Yay for you--it does a heart good!♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stink out loud at remembering birthdays. Seriously pathetic.

    I'm sorry it was a lousy day. It seems to me the older I get the less wonderful my birthday and other holidays are.

    ReplyDelete