Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Fall.....

Right after the leaves turn every year something strange happens in my life....

I think I FALL into a parallel universe. It's the universe in which the "really busy" me lives. Just prior to the leaves changing and during said event I feel really creative. I have lots to say, feel really relaxed, and am generally unharrassed. BUT, all of the sudden one day I wake up with a giant THUD and I have to pop up and take off running. I think I started FALLing last week. Yesterday I experienced the THUD. Today I'm kinda disoriented and trying to determine a direction to run.

With that said, I am NOT a high stress person. I get done what I can get done and the rest falls by the wayside. I AM however a driven person who really likes to get everything done and get it done well. This inner struggle certainly makes life interesting. More often than not my inner intention doesn't match at all with my actual actions or results thereof.

For those of you that don't know, I coach high school gymnastics. The season started on monday. I LOVE gymnastics. Being in the gym makes me happy. BUT, there are lots of details to iron out at the beginning of the season. It requires MUCH brain space. My brain is really sore.

Saturday is my birthday. I like to celebrate and be celebrated on my birthday.

Sunday we leave for Arizona to visit Hubby Guy's family. I LOVE to travel. BUT.... Now I have to pack for myself AND my children. Those with children can understand how this activity can shall-we-say "steal one's joy". AND.... the chicas have never flown before. This adds another dynamic.

ALSO.... our oldest cat has an appointment to go to "Kitty Heaven" today. This makes me sad. She's a sweet kitty. She's just in really sad shape. With us leaving for a week we didn't feel like leaving her for the pet sitter to content with. How awful would that be for a pet sitter - To find a dead cat and have to deal with it. NOT GOOD. The cat could hang on for a while longer but we have no way of knowing that. She's in pain. We need to let her go. I feel energy draining from my person just thinking about all that coming to fruition.

I guess my bottom line in telling you all this is to say: I feel ill prepared for life at this point. Gratefully, God is good. I don't feel undue pressure to achieve miracles or be overwhelmingly perfect. I just feel like I have lots on my plate. Unfortunately the BOUNTY of the holidays/this part of my year includes a lot of irons in the fire.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, lots on your plate right now...Have a happy happy birthday tomorrow! Hope it brings you lots of joy and celebration♥♥♥

    I'm sorry about your kitty...it's so hard when they get old :`(

    Have a wonderful time over Thanksgiving! Hope the travelling experience is a great one...

    ReplyDelete