Sunday, April 3, 2011

Combining the Good and the Gooder

I've blogged before about my struggle with body image. Well, I'm actually working hard on that problem and currently am in a pretty decent place. I'm excited about that. What's interesting is the phenomenon that has brought about the change in my physique.

For the last three months I have been being a "good girl" **most of the time** with regard to intake. My sweet, sweet Hubby Guy also allowed me to purchase an elliptical machine. I made a home for it in my basement in a spot where there's plenty of natural light. Hubby Guy even painted that corner of the basement to make it feel happy and clean. The basement walls were kinda bland and dirty looking before. The elliptical has a really cool sound system. I can just plug my ipod into it and it cranks out my tunes nice and loud. For the first couple of weeks I jammed and elliptified myself. It was awesome. I even found a really awesome new classical composer and elliptified to classical music.

Well.... the change of seasons ** and good classical music** always makes me want to read lots of books . On the first warm day I reported to the hammock on the back porch **my assigned seat** to start a book. I eventually lost light and I wasn't ready to stop reading. It was then that I had the most genious idea EVER! I've been a bit obsessed with getting in my workout, etc. I decided it would be an ok idea to go down to the elliptical and elliptify and read at the same time. I figured why not combine something good (exercise) with something gooder (reading). SO... I've been reading and elliptifying for about 2 hours a day. The other day I did almost three. ** crazy, I know** The truth is that I would be reading anyway. Why not do both at the same time?

No comments:

Post a Comment