Wednesday, January 1, 2014

On Finding My Voice

For Christmas I received a gem of a gift. A friend gave me a new book. I'm a reader. I've read LOTS of books. I've never, however, read a book quite like this one.

If I had to pick a "struggle" that I've had throughout life it's this: reconciling myself to words. I've read and read for clues to my own voice. Where is my heart? What do I truthfully feel? How do I speak from my depths instead of skimming the surface of life? I've yet to discover any answers.

Well.... this book. I'm halfway through Chapter 2 and it already threatens to shake me loose of my moorings. This author uses words beautifully. I can feel her words as I read them. It's an experience. It's inspirational but profoundly scary.

I wrote a post a while ago that I'm reminded of this evening. That post was about how what God has in store may be a bit off the usual grid. Perhaps... in order to fully live out of who Christ says I already am, I may need to find my voice. Maybe A to B words won't work for me any better than the usual roads will get me to where God is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment