Monday, September 30, 2013

On My New Lens

I've decided that without a doubt this concept of standing under grace has caused the single biggest shift of how I live out my faith EVER... like in my entire walk with Christ! I never grasped how fully enslaved to the law I was living.

I got my first pair of glasses when I was 2. Trauma to my head during the process of being born caused damage to my vision. Anyway... every couple of years I had to go back to the eye doctor to make sure I was wearing the correct strength of lenses for my growing eyeballs. I always dreaded that appointment. I really don't know how many times my prescription changed. I didn't keep a tally. What I can tell you is that I hated getting new lenses. I remember clearly leaving the Optical Shop with new glasses. They always felt awkward on my face and more often than not were really blurry until I got used to them.

I feel as if I'm looking at life now through a new lens of grace. I gotta say... it's different. It is a little blurry. I'm not used to it yet. I feel somewhat self-conscious. I feel, though, like it will ultimately provide me the clarity that I have been seeking for a while now.






No comments:

Post a Comment