Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On Self Awareness and 6 Pairs of Eyes

I would generally describe myself as being overly self aware. I am that person that wonders if I have a booger hanging out or if I have dirt on my face, etc. BUT, there are two places in life where I feel really free.

If you ever want to be entertained, you will put a hidden camera in my kitchen. I confess. When no one is home, I turn the music up. I dance, sing, and generally make a fool of myself. It feels really good.

The other place where I give myself a break is in the car. My car has a really great sound system. Good strong bass and an infectious beat make me a happy girl.

The thing that I find interesting is that I often get busted for singing and dancing in the car. If I was really as self aware as I claim, it seems like I would be more careful about being a fool in my vehicle. I'm not careful at all and that has resulted in some pretty embarrassing moments.

Well..... I got some new "happy" music last night. My car is my very favorite place to listen to new music. I turn it up loud and party from Point A to Point B. So when I got in this morning I cued it up before I ever even left the driveway. I already had my boogie on before I got to the end of the street.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you were very involved in what you were doing but had a growing awareness that perhaps you were being watched? I realized mid-boogie this morning that I was sitting at a stop sign behind the elementary school bus. The little guy sitting in the back seat had witnessed the spectacle of "car boogie" and as I became completely aware of what was going on he was demonstrating to his closest friends what he had seen. Pretty soon there were 6 little pairs of eyes staring at me. *busted again*  Fortunately for me the bus turned the opposite direction and I could resume my party.

No comments:

Post a Comment