Monday, October 8, 2012

On Family Fun

Of one thing I am absolutely certain...... my children will have fun stories to tell my grandchildren from when they were kids. Our household has actually been described as a "like a circus". All of our individual weirdness combined makes for a really interesting environment sometimes.

One of the things we enjoy as a family is lurking in dark corners and scaring one another. It was actually the children that initiated that particular game that we play. They truly love a good scare.

The best thing happened last night. Scott and I went to small group and left the kids at home. Upon our return, when we pulled into the garage and before the truck was even turned off we could hear super loud music coming from inside the house. I have a boom box in the kitchen and it's against the garage wall. Well, the music was so loud that they obviously hadn't heard the garage door going up or the truck pulling in. They didn't hear the truck doors close when we got out either. It was the perfect occasion. I flung open the kitchen door and jumped in and yelled. Aliera froze and after a long 2 second delay screamed like she was being killed. Ashlyn doubled over from a near heart attack. It was awesome!

The only trouble we have now is that once someone scares someone really good they become a target. I have a feeling I'm in big trouble. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment