Monday, August 23, 2010

On A Healthier Society

I had a thought.

We were at a restaurant and there was a baby at the table next to us. He was sitting there minding his own business and sucking on his little melt-aways. All of the sudden something made him sad, mad, or whatever. He dropped his little head back and wailed.

The thought I had was this: How incredibly freeing would that be.... if when we felt sad, mad, or whatever we could just wail right then and there until we were through it, over it, or at least consoled?

When I picture that kind of society in my head it makes me giggle. I think I'm right though. I know in my lifetime I've spent way more energy in concealing my emotions than I have releasing them. I think we would be a healthier society if we could just be real and immediate with our emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment