Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Truly, The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year


SCHOOL TIME!!!!  YAY!!!

I was SUCH a nerd when I was school aged that even now when it's time to go back to school I get excited. Yesterday I registered the oldest. We got her schedule and went and found all her classes. I found myself TOTALLY wishing that it was me going back to school. Fortunately for me the oldest doesn't really care about school supplies. I get to go shopping for those by myself and pretend they're really for me. YES, I'm a DORK! 

The only thing I was disappointed about yesterday was that we couldn't meet her teachers. We changed school systems when we moved. Once thing this system does differently is that the kids don't get to meet their teachers before the first day of school. In my opinion that is WAY bo-bo! But... I will be there with bells on for back to school night so I can shake all their hands and wish them luck with my oldest angel. :)

The thing other than fresh school supplies that I appreciate most about this time of year is returning to the routine. I prefer to do the same things the same way at the same time every day. I AM that person. I'm not OCD but I truly love a set schedule. It makes me happy. For whatever reason, when I have a schedule I'm ultimately more productive. I also appreciate down time more. I guess I'm weird like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment