Friday, July 17, 2009

If I Met Me...

If I met me... I don't think I'd like me. I'm terribly odd. But, I have inside knowledge about myself. If I met me without having inside knowledge perhaps I might like me. I just don't know.

Another odd game I play is within a conversation sometimes I'll "hop" outside of myself and take in the conversation as a third party. I try to see myself as others might see me. How am I sitting? Am I saying stupid or insensitive things? Do I look angry (something I'm told I do all the time)?

I'm also really bad about (during a conversation) doing the same thing for the other person that's speaking to me. I'll basically judge their conversation performance. (No, friend who actually reads this blog, I don't do this to you) I only do that when I'm bored with the conversation but too lazy to change the subject or if I'm otherwise trapped.

My brain is busy lots with being occupied with odd tasks like those mentioned above. I wonder if that's what people are really seeing when they see me. They see the evidence of my weird brain working on my face. If it is, then it's sad to me that they stop there as I know many have. There's so much more beyond my face.

1 comment:

  1. That thought has occurred to me in analysis of your facical expression. Either... there's a lot going on in there... or nothing at all. I'm not sure. Another option is Garfield-like commentary on those around you, which you've admitted to previously. I wish I could tune in on a short-wave radio because I'm sure it would be hilarious.

    ReplyDelete