Friday, February 15, 2013

I'm a Big Scaredy-Cat

I met AN OLYMPIAN!!!!!

I was at our State Qualifier meet last weekend. We had just gotten there and I was chillin' waiting for things to get started. A woman/coach walked into the gym. She caught my eye because she looked familiar. I noticed another coach talking to her.

Well.... during the coaches meeting I sat next to him. He asked me if I remembered Hope Spivey. Well, duh!! Yes, I was a fan. She was on the 1988 Olympic team. That Olympics happened while I was still competing. The coach I noticed was her!!!! And, our gymnasts ended up in the same group so I conversed with her. Here is a video:

Hope Spivey 1988 Olympics

Now... the girls don't know who she is because they weren't even born in 1988. So I told them. I was just in awe. And.... I am shy. So I was too shy to talk to her about anything other than the task at hand. BUT.... my oldest and a girl from my team approached her and told her I was a big fan and asked for her autograph. How embarrassing!! Anyway... so I have her autograph. After I got over being embarrassed I thought that was pretty cool that they did that for me. That was pretty sweet. I am left, however, still feeling like a dork for not just talking to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment